The Cowichan Valley School District welcomes new Kindergarten students for the 2018-19 school year!
Any child who will be five (5) years of age on or before Dec. 31, 2018 may register at their neighbourhood school. Please use the school locator tool (www.sd79.bc.ca/student-registration/) or call 250-748-0321 to identify your school.
Parents/guardians, please bring a Canadian Birth Certificate or Canadian Passport, and proof of residency (such as a BC Services Card). Any students without Canadian documents and/or proof of B.C. residency will be redirected to the Principal of International Education located at Cowichan Secondary school.
Here is what you need to know:
- Kindergarten registrations will be accepted from families living within a school’s catchment area, and from families whose older child(ren) will be continuing at the school with out-of-area approval.
- Any family wishing to register their children at a different school may apply to do so using an out-of-attendance area request form available at the school. As per District Policy 3309, first preference for registration will be given to those children who reside in the school catchment.
- Parents with questions about a full day Kindergarten program should speak to the school Principal about their child’s needs.
- New families from Honeymoon Bay, Mesachie Lake, and Youbou will register at Palsson Elementary.
- New families from Thetis Island will register at Chemainus Elementary Community School.
- French Immersion registration will take place at École Mount Prevost and École Cobble Hill. If registration demand exceeds available program space, a district-supervised lottery will be held.
Registration is taking place at your neighbourhood school during regular office hours from Jan. 29 – Feb. 2, 2018.
For more information on Kindergarten registration (including more details about French Immersion registration) please visit: http://sd79.bc.ca/parents/kindergarten-registration/