How to register for busing
Routes are setup during the summer months based on registrations as of June 30th but route times change as late registrations are received. Bus seats are limited and only registered riders may use the bus service. This year student bus schedules will be available through e-Link. Please register your child(ren) by paper form, which can be faxed or emailed in. Kindergarten students must be registered by paper form and email a photo of the K student for his/her bus pass.
- ONLINE: Please read the instructions then go to https://www.awinfosys.com/das2/sd79/default.asp to register your child online.
- PAPER: If you choose to register by paper please get, read and complete the registration package by one of the following methods:
- Print the Bus Registration Package
- Pick up a bus registration package from any school or at the Transportation Department (Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm at 2557 Beverly Street in Duncan).
- Once the paper registration form is complete submit it along with payment to our office either in person or by fax (250-748-2132) or by email to email@example.com
A photo bus pass will be printed for each student once registration has been submitted, approved, and routes have been established. Passes are now at the Transportation office and will be available at the school office after August 29th. Bus drivers will have a passenger list to verify ridership. All students must ride the buses they are assigned to, produce a valid bus pass, and scan on and off each bus every time they ride.
Students attending schools within their catchment area and living beyond the established walk limits are eligible for bus service. The established walk limits are: 2.0 km for students attending Elementary Schools/3.5 km for students attending Secondary Schools. Transportation for students attending school of choice (out of catchment) or program of choice (French Immersion) or living within the walk limits are all referred to as Courtesy Rider and may be granted riding privileges provided there is space available on existing routes. Routes will not be altered to service courtesy riders. Students considered a courtesy rider will be prioritized on a furthest distance basis and ridership will not be confirmed until October 1st after routes and loads have been established.
Parents may register their child using a home address and an alternate address providing the alternate is due to parental custody or daycare needs only. The Transportation Department will not offer busing to students going home with other students, attending after school events or other after school functions.
If you need further assistance with registration or payment information please call 250-748-1066 extension 276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need further assistance with routing information please call 250-748-1066 extension 275 or email email@example.com