Registration for new blended learning opportunities now open.
To learn more about these options and to register
Routines (Daily or Weekly)
- The Thinking Classroom – This approach developed by Dr. Peter Liljedahl at SFU uses Vertical Non-Permanent Surfaces (#vnps) and Visible Random Groupings (#vrg) to engage students in rich mathematical tasks.
- Number Talks (5-15 minute classroom conversations around math concepts)
- Which One Doesn’t Belong – site based on the book by the same name. Teacher guide also available.
- Splat – Different numbers of dots are hidden and the students have to figure out how many are hiding
- Three Act Tasks – promote student thinking and connect math to the real world while focusing on the curricular competencies.