- Progression Videos from Graham Fletcher
- Math 6 – 9 Video Series for Parents developed by Surrey Schools
- Week of Inspirational Math materials from Youcubed. These are based on the work of Dr. Jo Boaler from Stanford and her book Mathematical Mindsets. The site has lots of good information, tasks and routines.
Routines (Daily or Weekly)
- The Thinking Classroom – This approach developed by Dr. Peter Liljedahl at SFU uses Vertical Non-Permanent Surfaces (#vnps) and Visible Random Groupings (#vrg) to engage students in rich mathematical tasks.
- Number Talks (5-15 minute classroom conversations around math concepts)
- Esti-Mysteries – Short visual routines to uncover estimation riddles
- Estimation 180 – a collection of 180 estimation problems
- Which One Doesn’t Belong – site based on the book by the same name. Teacher guide also available.
- Splat – Different numbers of dots are hidden and the students have to figure out how many are hiding
- Three Act Tasks – promote student thinking and connect math to the real world while focusing on the curricular competencies.
- Dan Meyer’s Site – Middle and Secondary
- Mike Wiernicki – Elementary and Middle
- Graham Fletcher – Elementary and Middle
- Andrew Stadel – Middle and Secondary
- Learning from Children – K – 2 students
- Video of a Three Act Task in an elementary class