How can we provide meaningful home learning experiences that are engaging, equitable, and promote inquiry? How can we be sensitive to the needs and situations of all students and families?
Tech & Learning Support for Resources – Includes how-to videos for Zoom, O365, iMovie, etc.
Planning & Curriculum Support – Advice on how to make the pivot to Emergency Remote Teaching
Professional Support During COVID-19 – Advice on how to teach during COVID-19 and other helpful articles
District Pages & Playlists
Hello Dolly! – Our own District Elder and Knowledge Keeper, Dolly Sylvester, answers your questions.
Hul’q’umi’num’ Word of the Week – Cultural Teacher, Claudia Sylvester, teaches kids new words in Hul’q’umi’num’.
Indigenous Education Department – SD79
Indigenous Resources Page – DLC
Curriculum Resources K-12 – SD 79
Early Learning – SD79
Numeracy – SD79
Free Online Resources
Click here for free online resources.
Focused Education Resources (formerly ERAC) – Subscription databases: EBSCO, Gale, National Geographic, World Book, and more!
National Film Board of Canada – NFB Campus is now free to all teachers. Please use the following links to access our subscription.
- English: https://www.nfb.ca/transaction/institutional-subscription/token/6418454296179798/
- French: https://www.onf.ca/transaction/abonnement-institutionnel/jeton/6418454296179798/
ACF-Film Video Streaming (for teachers)
- At school on computer, click on the blue “streaming” icon, then choose “Login IP”. Continue to choose video.
- At school on device, download the Swank Media app and launch the app.
- At home on computer, click on the blue “streaming” icon, then choose “Login Password”. Continue to choose video.
- At home on device, download and launch the Swank Media app, then log in using the username/password given to you by the DLC contact or your teacher-librarian.
Note: ACF-Film monitors our account. This license is for educational use. Home use for secondary school students with teacher direction and parent knowledge is allowed at this time during the week only. Contact your teacher-librarian or email@example.com for username and password.
Networks & Other Districts’ Sites
Vancouver Island Numeracy Network
Vancouver Island Network – (SD 79 + partner districts) ADST info and activities
Prince Edward Island – (K-12) Home learning resources from PEI, including French Immersion.
Saskatoon Public Schools – (K-8) Comprehensive site from our Prairie neighbours that includes French Immersion.
Learn 71 – SD 71 (Comox Valley)