Purchasing Services is responsible for all public fund procurement and for Central Receiving of goods and services for School District 79 Cowichan Valley.
Reporting to the Secretary Treasurer, the role of the department is to manage the procurement process to ensure the continuity of supply, ethical business practices, easy and cost effective access to goods and services for our customers, and to foster a competitive marketplace.
Contact Purchasing Services for information about:
- Management of the District quotation/tender/proposal process
- Central Receiving and warehousing processes
- Contract Administration process
- Purchasing Card Program
- Cooperative and group procurement initiatives
- Monitoring and evaluating supplier and customer service
School District 79 is a member of the Greater Victoria Joint Purchasing Group (GVJPG). The purpose of the GVJPG is to increase the purchasing power of the individual members by obtaining lowered prices through increased collective volumes and contract administration. There are currently 20 members including 11 municipalities, 4 school districts, 2 universities, 1 college and 1 public library. The GVJPG meet every second month beginning in September of each month.
Purchasing Services is also affiliated with:
- Purchasing Management Association of Canada www.bci-pmac.ca
- BC Bid www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca
- BC Petroleum Products Buying Group (BCPPBG) – open to all municipal governments, school boards, hospitals, and regional districts and encompasses the supply of bulk, card lock, and retail automotive fuel (gas and diesel) and bulk and package lubricants, and the disposal of waste oil products
Purchasing Policy and Procedures
The school district’s purchasing policy and procedures are under review for the 2017-18 school year. Please contact the school board office for specific inquiries regarding purchasing.